I had a go, in my usual quick method of painting, on one of Adam’s new mounted commanders. I picked the 1/2 armoured horse to see what the soon to be released companions will look like. Painted in around 2 hours with 15mins basing it will do for the table.
Piero send us some lovely photos of a phalanx that he had painted and some Etruscans painted by his friend Zaccaria, all very nice IMHO.
Gary built this unit using the recent Thorakitai figures and using a few different heads and shields to give them a bit of variation.
Gary got some of the new figures for the phalanx and has painted them up in short time.
Adam has been at me to do Ptolemaic phalangites for some time so when he had completed the later style linothorax he had to have some. That said they will do all the Later successor armies. The character pack is also useful in the imitation legionary units, the Thorakitai units etc.
Garry completed his unit of Thorakitai in quick time, he has allowed us to share the results.
I have had the 2 crews sitting on my table for a while now and I have just managed to get some time to finish them off. Please forgive the static grass that has managed to adhere to the figures(did not notice until I had the photos taken and no time to retake at present). I did remove the figures from the elephants to paint them as they are so close it would have been difficult if not impossible to get the paint on them in place. The two elephants are the same models as the grey photos in the store. Anyway enough of the blather…